Most folks do not realize the state of Texas does not require roofers to be licensed. The residential or commercial roofer you hire today in Dallas could have been a framing carpenter yesterday and could become a plumber tomorrow. How can property owners protect their Dallas properties from unscrupulous, fly-by-night roofers in Texas?
The roof over your Dallas home or business protects everything inside it — family, possessions, business investments. You need to ensure your roof is treated well, by selecting an established, local roofing contractor. You need to protect yourself from operators who claim to be jacks of all trades, or who change their business names every few months, or who appear in town one day and disappear the next.
Ask a prospective roofing contractor for evidence of roots in Dallas. Accord Construction has had an office in Dallas for two years, after many years of roofing success in Oklahoma. With more than 49,000 roofs replaced, we are one Dallas roofing contractor who knows how to do a job right, whether you need residential or commercial roofing.
Even if, as in Texas, the roofing contractor does not have to be licensed, ask a prospective roofer about insurance protection. Liability and Workers’ Compensation insurance protect you, the homeowner and business owner, if a roofing worker gets injured on your job site.
Protect Your Investment
By investigating your Dallas roofing contractor before a project, you also protect your investment in your home’s or business’s roof. Some basic questions to ask:
- Do you have a physical address in Dallas?
- Are you an Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractor, or a Certainteed Select Shinglemaster, as Accord Construction is?
- Do you have experience with the roofing material I want (fiberglass-asphalt shingles, tiles, single-ply, BUR, etc.)?
- Do commercial roofing material manufacturers offer their highest level of warranties through your company, as The Garland Company and Mule-Hide Products Co., Inc. do through Accord Construction?
- Can you show me pictures of recent, local projects?
An established, local Dallas roofing contractor will not hesitate to answer your questions honestly. A shady operator will evade your questions, which means you should find a better, truly local roofer.
We hope you will consider Accord Construction for your next Dallas-area residential or commercial project. Please contact us today to learn how our strong presence in Dallas over the past years has helped make us the best “new” roofer in Big D.
Read: How to Protect Your Home from Storm Chasers