To look at your roof, you may not realize just how many parts, layers, materials, and interdependent systems go into its construction and efficient function. That’s why it pays to have a good working relationship with a trustworthy and experienced roofing contractor. Following are three roofing services your contractor should offer to keep your roof looking and functioning well season after season.
Preventive maintenance for your roof each year is vital if you want your roofing system to function at its best to protect your home. Catching potential or existing problems early prevents damage to other parts and systems, and keeps repair bills to a minimum.
For instance, wouldn’t you rather replace a few damaged shingles before major water damage occurs to your roofing system and home? Talk to your contractor about scheduling an annual roof inspection. After all, taking care of your roofing system saves energy and keeps you more comfortable.
Your roofing contractor is certainly going to inspect your roof during annual preventive maintenance. However, there are other circumstances where you may need to conduct a thorough and accurate roof inspection.
- Home buyer: Before you buy any home, make sure the roof and other home systems are inspected. Don’t buy someone else’s problems. Moreover, you may use inspection results to your advantage in price negotiations.
- Home seller: If you are selling your home, it is more appealing to prospective buyers if you have documentation that your home, including your roofing system, was professionally inspected for function and efficiency.
- Storm damage: Whether hail, high winds and rain, felled limbs, snow, and/or ice, your roofing contractor should be on the ball to inspect your roof for damage.
Emergency Roofing Services
Much of the storm damage that occurs to homes can actually happen in the hours, days, and weeks following the storm. If your roofing system is breached due to weather conditions, take care of it right away.
- Estimates: Your roofing contractor should offer fast and free repair estimates, in writing, following roof damage.
- Repairs: Ask prospective roofing contractors their procedures for responding to emergency repairs.
- Insurance: Look for a roofing contractor that is experienced in dealing with insurance adjusters.
At Accord Construction, we take care of our customers with quality services you can count on year after year. If you need roofing services for your Oklahoma City area home, contact us today!
Learn More About How We Serve You!