Preparing for a major residential roof repair or replacement takes some advance work. You may have experienced weather damage to the roof during a storm. It is important to make repairs immediately.
We make the following suggestions to our customers in Lawton, Edmond and other areas of Oklahoma City:
- Check your insurance policy if the repairs or replacement are due to storm damage.
- Contact your lender for information on roof financing if the replacement is not the result of weather damage.
- Check out the different types of roofing materials that offer state and federal energy tax credits.
- Call Accord Construction for a free and accurate estimate that includes a realistic timeline for the repairs.
- Determine your budget for roof repairs or replacement based on the estimate for preferred roofing materials and labor.
Interior and exterior preparations
Residential roof repair or replacement is a messy job. You may need repairs to the attic space as well. It may be necessary for you to cover your furniture if the ceiling and attic areas are involved in the repairs. Ceilings can be painted after water damage is repaired.
You should keep windows closed and remove wall hangings and breakable objects to a safe location. There may be some pounding on the roof that results in mild vibrations to the walls.
It may be necessary for your family to move out of the house for a few days when the roof is replaced. A good roofing company will stay in continuous contact with the homeowners when this is recommended.
Prepping your yard
Your yard needs to be prepared for major roof repairs or replacement. You may want to spread tarps on the ground below the area to be repaired. You can also have barrels ready to collect the scrap materials.
Roof shingles can be recycled and repurposed. The asphalt, cement, bitumen and other components can be melted down and used to surface streets. The wood and nails are automatically separated from the debris. Accord’s roofing professionals will clean up the debris and carry it away.
Contact us at Accord Construction for more information on residential roof repair and replacement. We are certified by Owens Corning, GAF and Certainteed. Our roofing specialists will find the right roof replacement for your home and budget.
Read: Best Roof Repair Strategies For Homeowners